NOW HIRING for 2017 Season!
Do you love Chicago? Are you a people person? Does the chance to say "I'm on a boat!" each and every day make you smile?
Join our team! Work for one of Chicago's top tourist attractions and welcome visitors from around the world to our great city. With a variety of positions available, you're sure to find a job that fits your preferences and personality. See below to download an application, see jobs available, learn more about the company, view successful tips for interviewing and more.
- Part-time and full-time positions available
- Cruising season April 1 - November 19, 2017
Who We Are
For more than 80 years, Chicago’s First Lady Cruises and its parent company, Mercury, Chicago’s Skyline Cruiseline, have been well-respected members of Chicago's tourism community and classic must-do Chicago experiences. Both cruise lines are fourth-generation family-owned and operated and their fleet of eight vessels carry passengers from around the world for sightseeing along Chicago's river and lakefront.
By day, Chicago's First Lady Cruises' hallmark tour is the award-winning Chicago Architecture Foundation River Cruise; by night, the luxury vessels transform into the ultimate Chicago venue for private parties, corporate events and weddings. Complementing Chicago's First Lady Cruises' tour offerings, Mercury Cruises' family-friendly tours offer a myriad of specialty cruise experiences including their popular daytime and evening river and lake cruises, summer 3D Fireworks tours, an educational science cruise and the beloved Canine Cruise, Chicago's only cruise for dogs and their human companions.
As Ambassadors of Chicago, we have a passion and commitment to provide a superior level of service for our customers while defining the highest level of industry safety standards. We will continue to showcase Chicago as a world-class tourism and business destination. We seek to work together to maintain 5-star rankings and reviews on relevant travel websites and blogs for the world to view.
Mercury's mission is to provide customers with a safe and pleasurable experience that consistently exceeds their expectations. Our professionally trained team is committed to showcase Chicago's magnificent architecture and skyline while cruising Chicago's waterways.
Our Core Values
We are committed to promote trust, safety, consistency and reliability in all that we do. We value our customers, our staff and our volunteers. We must always provide value and a memorable experience for our clients.
We will meet all challenges in an ever changing industry, it’s essential that we, as individuals as well as a company, maintain the highest level of:
- Excellent Customer Service
- Positive and safe working environment
- Excellence & enthusiasm in our daily performance
Before You Apply
From your very first interview to your continued employment, we want you to succeed! Keep reading for important information about the application process, interview tips and how to make a positive first impression.
Know Before You Apply
- Drug tests are mandatory for all new employees. If you do not think you can pass a drug test, please cancel your interview.
- Be prepared to fill out a background check form and application if you have not already submitted it.
- Research our company before the interview and be prepared for questions concerning our operation.
- Know what position you are interviewing for and be ready to answer why you are interested in that opportunity.
Arrival and Attire
- Plan to arrive early to your interview to allow for travel delays. Your arrival time will be noted on your application.
- Dress in appropriate business attire for an interview. Clothing should fit correctly and match the seriousness of an interview setting. Your shirt should be clean and pressed.
- Be well groomed for the occasion.
- Avoid excess jewelry, perfume, cologne or makeup.
What to Bring
- Bring your photo ID.
- Bring your current resume complete with your prior employment history and a list of three or more references.
- Bring a pen or writing utensil.
- Do not bring any other person to your interview with you.
During the Interview
- Turn off all cellphones and electronic devices before your interview begins.
- Complete all application forms truthfully, correctly, legibly and entirely. If we find that you were not truthful when completing the application you will not be eligible to proceed to the next level in the hiring process.
- Be prepared to speak about your employment history along with questions about yourself, work ethic and qualifications. This includes explaining any employment gaps or information provided on your application.
- Use correct body language and make eye contact with company personnel.
- Refrain from using profanity, inappropriate terms, or slang.
- Speak clearly.
- Be prepared to ask questions about the position and our company
- Smile, be friendly and enthusiastic.
- Refrain from chewing gum or eating during the interview.
- Do not act entitled to the position you are applying for.
- Have all your questions ready as this is the time to ask them.
FINAL TIP: Knowing the address/location of your interview is important to ensure you arrive-on time. Please take note of the address listed in your interview email and refer to GPS if you need help understanding where to report. Remember, those who are late to an interview do not make the best first impression.
Thank you for your interest in our company and we wish you the best of luck if you are selected for an interview.