A graphic designer by day and a drummer in two bands by night! Corey McCafferty is a multi-talented member of our staff and his designs for advertisements, brochures, flyers, and countless other projects are all around our dock!
1. Why did you become a graphic designer?
Working in graphic design seemed to be a good option for combining creative satisfaction with opportunities for career stability and growth.
2. As a child, what did you want to be when you "grew up"?
An animator or comic book artist.
3. What is your favorite building on the tour and why?
I've always liked the Carbon and Carbide building. I like how its dark color contrasts with the gold Art Deco ornamentation.
4. Tell us about a memorable experience on the job at Chicago's First Lady.
Designing the bus wrap for our sister company, Mercury Cruises, earlier this year was a fun challenge!
5. Where is your favorite place you've traveled?
Cinque Terre in Italy: Five little fishing towns along the coast of the Ligurian sea, accessible by train only and connected by a cliffside hiking trail.
6. What's the last book you read or are currently reading?