Quesadilla-lover, brilliant bartender and part-time painter, Jay Grooms is our Feature Friday this week!
1. Why did you become a bartender?
I'm generally a gregarious person & enjoy connecting with people. I've also been interested in the history & application of alcohol itself. The combination of these two things made for an attractive career choice.
2. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in the Southwest, mostly Mesa outside of Phoenix.
3. What is the most adventurous thing you've ever done?
Moving to Chicago at 18 was a pivotal moment in my life that has shaped everything for me today.
4. As a child, what did you want to be when you "grew up"?
My aspirations as a child were varied. Ideal vocations I found were a circus contortionist and/or veterinarian.
5. What is your favorite building on the tour and why?
I'm a fan of classical architecture. The Wrigley Building is an icon that stands out to me every day.
6. What's something about Chicago that is a hidden gem of yours?